Thursday, February 5, 2009

Our Individual Experience

You are unique, just like everyone else. :-) God instructs us and gently leads us.

Over the years I have had some nice experiences with prayer taking care teeth problems. I had a molar come into position solely through prayer. Issues have faded away. For example, on one visit to the dentist, the dentist remarked that there was a spot (a cavity forming?) on a tooth he would take care of on the next visit. But, on subsequent visits he never brought it up. I have not felt the need to go to a dentist for years because God has taken care of my needs. How did I come to that decision? Through a natural progression.

Several years ago, I went to a dentist for a cleaning. It had been several years since I had had any x-rays taken of my teeth. I could sense that my refusal to allow x-rays was bothering the dentist, so I prayed to God for direction. An angel thought came, "If they would feel more comfortable having taken an x-ray, let them!" I could see he wanted to provide good care and my refusal to allow x-rays was making him fearful. So they took xrays of my teeth. And, then I waited. I mentioned to the dentist that he should check the x-ray over good. He replied, "I've gone over the x-rays twice, and I can't find anything wrong!" He was intent on finding a problem and seemed a little disappointed that there wasn't anything to fix. After that, it seemed like it was time to stop going to the tooth doctor. That was four years ago. How are things? Just fine. Whether you or I go to the dentist is not the point. What matters is while we learn more about God, that we love God and love each other.

Teeth are symbols of our God-given substance. They are not subject to decay. They are sturdy, reliable, healthy and they are here to serve us. Remember, Christian Science supports you right where you are! It is the truth of God's allness and nowness. Can you feel it? You are in the presence of God's love and power.

No comments:

Blogging Fusion Blog Directory