Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Prayer for the World's Woes

When the crisis in Myanmar had happened in Myanmar, I prayed about it. A few weeks later a friend of mine who is a Christian Science healer mentioned that more prayer was needed because relief agencies and governments were predicting a wave of disease due to the terrible sanitary conditions. This was a startling thought. I knew I need to renew my prayers, which I did. A few weeks ago I heard that the wave of disease never materialized! I credit prayer, all of our prayers from around the world. I acknowledge that God is the only healer. Yea God!

Over the weekend, I heard an on-the-ground account of conditions for refugees from Darfur. On the way home I thought about what I had heard about women in children being in refugee camps for years in terrible conditions. I prayed to know that Love was there. That the presence of Love was protecting them. I prayed for those that have abused them. I prayed that their hand(s) would be stayed from any more violence, that it was offensive to them. I prayed about the people in government taking money for oil and allowing this to continue. I felt an incredible sense of love and expectancy of a healing breakthrough.

No comments:

Blogging Fusion Blog Directory