Sunday, March 9, 2008

Feel Free From Pain

Faced with while running 12.5 miles today, I knew that God didn't experience pain. Why would God-good suffer, or allow suffering? So, I decided to reject pain as a fantasy of the human mind. When faced with pain, I asked myself, "Why would you take on that belief of pain?" Really, this can be applied to any challenge!!!

This was amazingly effective. Every time pain occurred in thought, I recognized it as a suggestion that I didn't have to accept? Where did this suggestion originate? It doesn't matter. Why did I have to reject it so many times? It doesn't matter. What happened as I reflected on this during my long run was a I gained a sense of God-given freedom. So, although prayer is effective at relieving pain and promoting health, I wasn't using prayer as much as I was learning more about God and my identity.

Love to the world!

Dan

No comments:

Blogging Fusion Blog Directory